• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Petition for a dedicated sub-sub forum for eponymous name rants (1 Viewer)

One person’s rant is another’s lively/ robust debate though. I agree some members bring their own, shall we call it, ‘personal cultural agenda’ to almost any subject imaginable which can be irritating but that’s today’s world. I guess you’ll just have to keep adding names to your ignore list, it would be a shame if members like you with interesting and valuable insights left Birdforum altogether.

Could we please move all eponymous name rants to their own dedicated sub-(sub-) forum? It has become impossible to discuss any taxonomic or nomenclatural topic without a derailment into that issue. I'm ready to abandon the entire site over the whole stinking mess.
What makes you think such rants would be limited to said subforum, if the problem is as bad as you say?

Could we please move all eponymous name rants to their own dedicated sub-(sub-) forum? It has become impossible to discuss any taxonomic or nomenclatural topic without a derailment into that issue. I'm ready to abandon the entire site over the whole stinking mess.
In some cases (like IOC updates) it is unavoidable that disappearing eponyms will show up and some factual background info will be added.
About 800 such cases to go then... ;)
I'd like to see any deviation into ranting deleted.

The one caused by the AOS you mean?

Some big taxonomy news is going to be released in about 25 minutes. So hopefully that will keep people distracted for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back