• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Planet Earth II - David Attenborough BBC1 8-9pm Sunday 6/11/2016 (1 Viewer)

My greatest complaint about the last episode of Planet Earth II was the final part with David Attenborough giving a serious message from the top of The Shard. Surely they could have something with our National Treasure to stop him looking like Ken Dodd. All that hair sticking up (and sunken eyes)! Surely this was a time for a little subtle gel and make-up.

Stewart

My greatest complaint about the last episode of Planet Earth II was the final part with David Attenborough giving a serious message from the top of The Shard. Surely they could have something with our National Treasure to stop him looking like Ken Dodd. All that hair sticking up (and sunken eyes)! Surely this was a time for a little subtle gel and make-up.

Stewart

My goodness... its bad enough hearing this sort of thing from my advertising-victim wife, I don't expect to see it on here.

Churchill was overweight and his voice has been described as a "whisky-soaked growl". The actor Pete Postlethwaite was mirror-cracking ugly. So David Attenborough looks his age and has unruly hair. So what? Is it really the case these days that you have to look like some over-made, photo-shopped model to be taken seriously?!!

Surely this was a time to listen to the words and the passion of the delivery. Maybe part of the message was to stop obsessing with frippery? After all, it is only recently that the extent of plastic pollution caused by the vanity that requires make-up has been revealed.

John

PS: Ken Dodd is awesome and so are the Diddymen.

My goodness... its bad enough hearing this sort of thing from my advertising-victim wife, I don't expect to see it on here.

Churchill was overweight and his voice has been described as a "whisky-soaked growl". The actor Pete Postlethwaite was mirror-cracking ugly. So David Attenborough looks his age and has unruly hair. So what? Is it really the case these days that you have to look like some over-made, photo-shopped model to be taken seriously?!!

Surely this was a time to listen to the words and the passion of the delivery. Maybe part of the message was to stop obsessing with frippery? After all, it is only recently that the extent of plastic pollution caused by the vanity that requires make-up has been revealed.

John

PS: Ken Dodd is awesome and so are the Diddymen.

My mistake in my posts is not to insert some appropriate smiley, winky emoticon! Of course it didn't distract from David's message (and I wouldn't really want him to be 'gelled-up') but Ken Dodd isn't "awesome" and there was an uncanny and unfortunate likeness.

Stewart

I am happy that he is still alive and able to get into the balloon. How old is he - must be approaching 90? And I like that BBC didn't close its natural history unit, as it was announced at some point, and it still delivers such good things.

I am happy that he is still alive and able to get into the balloon. How old is he - must be approaching 90? And I like that BBC didn't close its natural history unit, as it was announced at some point, and it still delivers such good things.

He is already 90 + his energy is amazing!

My mistake in my posts is not to insert some appropriate smiley, winky emoticon! Of course it didn't distract from David's message (and I wouldn't really want him to be 'gelled-up') but Ken Dodd isn't "awesome" and there was an uncanny and unfortunate likeness.

Stewart

Mine too...Merry Christmas!

We will just have to agree to disagree about big Ken, but as an equal oldie his work rate is the equal of David's!

John

Not so for those Britons of sufficient seniority who automatically still think Imperial; I know the arguments but ...................

Colin

Agree, when it comes to weights and measures I'm confortably 'Bi' if I can say that!

It is irritating though that we make so many concessions to the American way of doing things, even in every day language. Would it hurt them to google Celsius, Metres (Meters) or Kilos?

Perhaps someone can ask DA himself or one of his minnions via e-mail, it's probably his production company that put it together?

A

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back