• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Please ID this UK Summer visitor. (1 Viewer)

RoyH

Hi, would someone please id this, could it be a Reed Warbler or female Whitethroat.

Regards

Roy.

Attachments

• IMG_0232Whitethroat2  female  -  May 19  2008  .jpg
    IMG_0232Whitethroat2 female - May 19 2008 .jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 284
Hi, would someone please id this, could it be a Reed Warbler or female Whitethroat.

Regards

Roy.

Many thanks Gentlemen, looks like its 5 to two for RW, I will hang on a bit longer before I change the WT file name..The reason I asked for ID, I saw a Reed Warbler exibit on Lincs Bird Club that got me thinking I was wrong.

Roy.

Hi Roy

As you're hanging on before changing the file name, I assume you're still not sure what it is? Here's another vote for Reed Warbler. Definitely not a Whitethroat.

cheers
martin

Many thanks Gentlemen, looks like its 5 to two for RW, I will hang on a bit longer before I change the WT file name..The reason I asked for ID, I saw a Reed Warbler exibit on Lincs Bird Club that got me thinking I was wrong.

Roy.

Hi Roy

As you're hanging on before changing the file name, I assume you're still not sure what it is? Here's another vote for Reed Warbler. Definitely not a Whitethroat.

cheers
martin

Ok Martin, I am pleased its now being confirmed as a Reed Warbler, my first, it was certainly making some noise pity I could not have got a bit closer. I got some better shots of the Sedge Warblers that were close bye.

Many thanks again for everyone who replied...

Regards

Roy.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back