• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Political comments on the Binoculars and Spotting Scopes forum (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's strange how binocular discussions can end up in the trenches, but spotting scope conversations adjourn to the club smoking room.
Binoculars are used for a variety of activities, but there is probably a much higher proportion of birders amongst scope users.
I never met an extremist birder.

John

I was a mod on a forum once and this is how I ran it, even to the point of not deleting antagonistic posts if they had any on-topic material, but rather excising the inflammatory material.

Some moderators advocate for a technique called "disemvoweling", where the objectionable parts are left, just stripped of their vowels, making them much harder to read.

Binoculars are used for a variety of activities, but there is probably a much higher proportion of birders amongst scope users.
I never met an extremist birder.

John
John, since I got the scope, I’m noticing more. Surprised how few birders use scope. AND surprised how many carry cameras.
Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back