• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pros and cons of a standard monopod w/gimbal head vs monopod with feet and tilt head? (1 Viewer)

cjmassey

I am considering buying a used Nikon D7500 and Tamron 150-600 lens and was reviewing monopod/head options. I was going to go for a tall monopod like a plus a Wimberly MH-100 head. This combo weighs about 2 lbs.

I saw another nature photographer extolling the advantages of his footed monopod the Sirui P424S and L-10 tilt head which he uses to take pictures from his back deck at home. The monopod top swivels so with the tilt head he can pan left and right and go up and down. It is twice as heavy at 4 lbs, but for use when a lot of walking is not needed it would seem to have its advantages. It will support his camera and lens without his hand on it if he needs to. He uses it with the Nikon d500 and Tamron 150-600 which is about 6 lbs I think.

Any thoughts on this?

He talks about it here:

Thanks.

SkiDude

Attachments

• 1620991328388.png
    1620991328388.png
    190.9 KB · Views: 4
Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back