• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Raptor ID please - London UK (1 Viewer)

you won't be inundated with twitchers Chris, your bird was just passing through as they do at this time of year, have a look on the Londonbirders wiki
site to see how your sighting fits into the bigger picture

http://londonbirders.wikia.com/wiki/London_Bird_Club_Wiki

Nick

Yeah I know, Nick, it was an attempt at humour.|=)|

I do check that website regularly, but only to ensure that I'll have a quiet morning at the Reservoirs. In fact it was from checking there that I found out about the Dusky Warbler at the Lockwood. I avoided the Lockwood until the bird had gone (I like peace and quiet, and I'm not a "birder").|=)|

no problem Chris, most of the people who turned up for the Dusky Warbler are not birders either;)

Nick

I think I get what you mean. I've been going over there for over 30 years (as an angler and Nature watcher), and in all that time, I've only seen about 12 people with Binoculars (never more than 2 people on the same day). I bet there was a few more than that at the Lockwood, scopes too.

But TBH, I prefer the other side of the road (No 1,2,3,4,5, EW,WW), especially at this time of year when there's no anglers (apart from a few fishing for Trout). It amazes me how few people that I see over there, especially as it's full of birds.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back