• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Rare and Scarce Birds in Warwickshire (1 Viewer)

Could somebody give me a precise direction to the Edison Road sewage outfall, at Hams Hall?

Also, is there a footpath from Ladywalk to Shustoke?

Going in the morning, so help appreciated!

Firecrest

Could somebody give me a precise direction to the Edison Road sewage outfall, at Hams Hall?

Also, is there a footpath from Ladywalk to Shustoke?

Going in the morning, so help appreciated!

Hi Dave, Turning onto Hams Hall ind est Faraday av first round-a-about turn right into Edison road, where the road goes over the river pull on grass verge and follow slipway to sewer outflow/ river. You can also access by parking in Ladywalk NR carpark and walk along the river side.
Ladywalk NR to Shustoke the road has been blocked by Severn trent, long walk via Lea Marston or Coleshill ind estate by footpath.

Regards, John

Thanks John:t:

I dont drive, so will be using the train. I used to know the area like the back of my hand in the pre Distribution centre days. Was able to walk from Shustoke to Dosthill via Ladywalk,Coton and Kingsbury during spring and summer. Now, i get lost so very easily!!:C

Firecrest

Thanks John:t:

I dont drive, so will be using the train. I used to know the area like the back of my hand in the pre Distribution centre days. Was able to walk from Shustoke to Dosthill via Ladywalk,Coton and Kingsbury during spring and summer. Now, i get lost so very easily!!:C

Hi Dave, If you arrive at Coleshill station head for Edison road, just past the railway carpark follow minor road on the left which takes you to the sewer outflow over the river Tame, then follow the river down to Ladywalk. John

A tidy 2 hours birding this morning saw me "trouser" the Long-tailed Duck at Lea Marston (no sign of the Scaup but male Goosander over), the Whooper Swan with 8 Mutes at Bodymoor Heath and the Firecrest at Hams Hall (along the river 200 metres east of Edison Road bridge, by the lost dog poster).

Dosthill Lake

Hi All

Stopped off for an hour (11.30-12.30) today and caught up with the Long-tailed Duck.
Initially it was in the NE corner near the reeds, before it moved over towards the NW side of the main lake, linking up with a mobile group of Tufties and preening as it went.

Cheers

Andy R.

Attachments

• 024.JPG
    024.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 82
Midlands Today Waxwings

Midlands Today did a piece on Waxwings yesterday and have asked people to send in sightings to them. There are reports from Stratford and Ryton-on-Dunsmore already on their Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/midlandstoday so it might be worth keeping an eye on this, although some reports may be old.
Of course anyone reading this should also send their Warks sightings to the county recorder, Steve Haynes.
Matt

Green winged teal on river pool at Brandon. Also a Ringed plover from Wright hide.
Large finch flock still present with numerous Brambling opp.the railway carriages nr.Coventry air museum.

The drake Green-winged Teal is still at Brandon Marsh NR on River Pool from River Pool Hide late morning. Also adult Yellow-legged Gull on East Marsh Pool.

Brian

The drake Green-winged Teal was still at Brandon Marsh NR on River Pool this afternoon and showing well while the near-adult Yellow-legged Gull was still on East Marsh Pool.

Both Long-tailed Ducks were also still on Dosthill Lake showing well in the small bay towards NE end this afternoon.

Brian

Bearded Tit

Hi All

There had been no sign of the BT this morning at Dosthill, or by early afternoon when I left at 1.30.

Cheers

Andy R.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back