• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Rare and Scarce Birds in Warwickshire (1 Viewer)

Male Ring Ouzel in a horse field around Earlswood Lakes this afternoon. Details including a grid ref on my Twitter page. Please do not enter the field.
Matt

Despite negative news on the pager the Wood Warbler was still present between 6-6.30 this evening & the Ring Ouzel was still on show at 7pm.

Mike.

Marvelous. I'm over in Leiston for a few days and they turn up on my doorstep. Keep them there until Monday Mike.:t:

John

Despite negative news on the pager the Wood Warbler was still present between 6-6.30 this evening & the Ring Ouzel was still on show at 7pm.

Mike.

Mike.

Hi Mike,
Was the Wood Warbler singing? Unfortunately I only found out about it just before leaving the lakes for work and had run out of time to check Earlswood thoroughly :-C Glad others saw it though.
Matt

Hi Mike,
Was the Wood Warbler singing? Unfortunately I only found out about it just before leaving the lakes for work and had run out of time to check Earlswood thoroughly :-C Glad others saw it though.
Matt

It was singing but only occasionly, it took me nearly an hour to get onto it & then it showed well in trees the other side of the stream opposite the oak with bat box 63 on it, been over 20 years since I used to see them in Clowes Wood.

Mike.

It was singing but only occasionly, it took me nearly an hour to get onto it & then it showed well in trees the other side of the stream opposite the oak with bat box 63 on it, been over 20 years since I used to see them in Clowes Wood.

Mike.

Cheers Mike :t: Hope it's still there tomorrow.

For anyone visiting Earlswood, I'd be interested in your other sightings please. Apart from the warbler, Cuckoo and Wheatear have been found by visiting birders today.

Matt

Very disappointing that I had to raise my voice and tell a twitcher/tog that the Earlswood Ring Ouzel wasn't going to show with him standing in the middle of the field this morning. Although he'd asked permission to go on the land and the bird was showing well again by around noon, the bird could easily have moved on especially if its favoured hedge was approached. Please view from the public footpath ("Gypsy Lane" track) where views are unobstructed, or from the scrubland to the east, only.
A similar thing happened with the Night Heron. It's stunts like this that cause suppression!

Matt

P.S. Did anyone look for the Wood Warbler?

Had a look for Martins Black Redstart today by parcelforce at cov airport which was on top of the Delta containers about 8. 30 this morning & when I turned round to view the paddock there was a female Common Redstart flycatching off the brambles.

Mike.

Can anyone advise me what access is like outside visitor centre opening times at Brandon Marsh? Hoping to get down there first thing for the Woodchat Shrike but there website suggests there is no access before 9AM? Is this the case?
Cheers

Don't have to go into the visitor centre. The bird was showing in the fields immediately right of the entrance gate. About a 5 minute walk.

Cheers.

? Marsh Warbler

Information received by Tom Perrins of Tame Valley birding report of Marsh Warbler singing by canal 200 yards south of Fisher's mill bridge. There is a Marshy reedy area West Fisher's mill meadow at SP20150 98512 EA are working in this area at the moment with their flood bund. From memory there are no reeds on the canal until you hit the canal adjacent to Richard's meadow. which is 1500 + plus yards down the canal.

Regards, John

? Marsh Warbler

Information received by Tom Perrins of Tame Valley birding report of Marsh Warbler singing by canal 200 yards south of Fisher's mill bridge. There is a Marshy reedy area West Fisher's mill meadow at SP20150 98512 EA are working in this area at the moment with their flood bund. From memory there are no reeds on the canal until you hit the canal adjacent to Richard's meadow. which is 1500 + plus yards down the canal.

Regards, John

information came from Geoff Williams to TVB, party from Leicesetershire and Rutland today on the Reserve.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back