• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Recommendations (1 Viewer)

chiffchaff123

Can anyone recommend any good books on the following subjects:-
Migration(British birds).
Guide to British warblers.
Guide to British waders.
I understand that there probably won't be books specifically for British birds but I would like books that don't include too many species that don't visit our shores,these just tend to confuse an already confusing subject (warblers/waders).
Thanks
Anthony.

Ian Newton's book "Bird Migration" in the New Naturalist series is superb and deals with the subject from a UK perspective. Recommended !

Unfortunately this book( migration) is no longer printed,even though it was only published in April of 2010. Second hand outlets seem to be asking ridiculous prices. Just out of interest,how much was the book originally sold for? If anyone is interested in selling a copy,please let me know.
Anthony.

Unfortunately this book( migration) is no longer printed,even though it was only published in April of 2010. Second hand outlets seem to be asking ridiculous prices. Just out of interest,how much was the book originally sold for? If anyone is interested in selling a copy,please let me know.
Anthony.

There is a Kindle version available from US Amazon for 29 $ if that has any appeal to you.

Robert,
i have seen the electronic version but i dont posess an e reader.For the time being i still read traditional books.
Thanks for your reply,
Anthony.

Just to update this thread,
Ive purchased a good second hand copy of Waders by W G Hales,first impression is very favourable,im looking forward to reading it.Ive also managed to secure a copy of British Warblers by Eric Simms which should be delivered this week,if its like the Wader book then i will be very pleased.Im still after a copy of Migration by Ian Newton.
Thanks to Eugene for pointing me in the right direction and to those that have replied to this thread,
Anthony.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back