• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Red Bellied Woodpecker and Blue Jay (1 Viewer)

Donna

This RB was willing to share, but the Blue Jay wasn't having any part of it. He did manage to fill his mouth before he left though:eat:

Attachments

• wp and  bj.jpg
    wp and bj.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 248
Wow Donna!
That's an unbelievable picture! ARe you sure you're new at this?!Must be a natural born talent. Keep 'em comin'! Please!

Promise, Tammie...I started taking pictures of birds this winter when they began coming back to the feeders, about a month or so ago. I also promise that I delete TONS more than I keep!

Another great shot Donna. You have some really nice birds visiting your garden and you have the technique of capturing them down to a T !
Well done.

Donna that is a stunning pic! I've never seen a blue jay , the colour of the feathers is magnificent - and that beak full of seeds -well . . . .! Thanks very much.

Well, Sal, isn't that what makes this forum so awesome? We get to see birds from all over the world here.

Blue Jays are definitely handsome fellas (and gals), they will stuff the pouches in their necks full and then take off. I've seen them take 6 peanuts at a time. They can raise the crest on their heads, also. Yup...they're stunning birds alright. Glad you enjoyed seeing him.

A great capture Donna. Can't wait until the leaves come out on the trees to give you some background color! What is that underneath the peanuts, peanut butter?

Pete, that is some homemade suet that I make. The birds really seem to like it. The birds here go through tons of seed and it's very expensive, so I put together this mix.

I would love to have some color in the background, I don't feed in the late spring or summer though. I have to put the $$$ from birdseed into garden seed and stuff. There's plenty for the birds to forage for out here in the country. I let them do what comes natural then. Guess we'll see what happens....

Another great shot, Donna. You're having us on, aren't you? Surely you've been doing this for donkey's years!!!!

I'm glad you all enjoyed the picture. Peter, if you look at the eagle pictures I posted, you will know that I'm new at this! I had no idea how to capture a bird in motion...plus they were moving so fast! That's one thing about digital cameras, they don't always focus fast enough...or maybe it was just trying to figure out what I wanted it to focus on!

Thanks for all the nice words...sure makes sharing fun!

Donna, you are a star!
What a great picture, it really tells a story.
What lovely birds you have around you.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back