• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Red Tail in the morning (new to the forum) (1 Viewer)

oleaf

One morning a couple weeks ago I got lucky with this.

We've got a perfect dead birch about 150 ft out our living room window
that is used by owls, osprey and hawks. Got lucky!
This was at 300mm + 1.4 and handheld... through a window!
Took about 20 shots to find a good enough image ( I know the highlights are blown out but the light was getting harsh)

Hope you like!

Cheers,

Oleaf

Attachments

• Hawk_small.jpg
    Hawk_small.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 151
oleaf said:
One morning a couple weeks ago I got lucky with this.

We've got a perfect dead birch about 150 ft out our living room window
that is used by owls, osprey and hawks. Got lucky!
This was at 300mm + 1.4 and handheld... through a window!
Took about 20 shots to find a good enough image ( I know the highlights are blown out but the light was getting harsh)

Hope you like!

Cheers,

Oleaf
Great photo Oleaf. Like the colours - harmonise nicely. Putting the bird towards the edge works really well, but (and here's the constructive criticism!) - it's a shame the bird is looking OUT of the picture. For better composition I think it would be stronger if it were looking toward the right. As it is, it's gaze leads you out of the frame. Other than that, great shot.
Astrokev

Astrokev said:
Great photo Oleaf. Like the colours - harmonise nicely. Putting the bird towards the edge works really well, but (and here's the constructive criticism!) - it's a shame the bird is looking OUT of the picture. For better composition I think it would be stronger if it were looking toward the right. As it is, it's gaze leads you out of the frame. Other than that, great shot.
Astrokev

Hi Astrokev,

I totally agree. What you can't see to the left is a very messy tangle of branches. I waited for him to look the other way, but no luck.

Cheers,

Oleaf

Very nice shot, Oleaf, and welcome to the forum. I like the colors also.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back