• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Replacement camera for HandyKam nest box. (1 Viewer)

The Cumbrian

A while ago we bought a Handykam nest box and camera. The camera worked beautifully showing the Blue Tit roosting over winter when spring came as it started to build the camera died. I tried contacting Handykam and they seem to have disappeared.

The question is what to replace the camera with. I would, being a pensioner prefer it not to be too expensive. However, the WiFi from the previous camera was wonderful, so I am hoping for something similar and would probably put quality over price.

Does anybody have any experience and/or suggestions please?

P.S. I see the software lists me as a well known member, I may have been once but it has been a number of years since I posted.

We ran into the same issue and ended up going with UK Wildlife Cameras (ukwildlifecameras.co.uk).

I was pleasantly surprised to find that their camera captured colors with such depth compared to the old one we had.

It was disappointing to see Handykam close its doors, but very happy finding another reliable supplier. Might be worth to reach out to them to see if they can give you some options. They're a small company but their assistance I found was top-notch, and have a great range of products.

For the past two years we have used cameras and accessories from this company.

The ship via air freight at reasonable rates and provide excellent customer support.

We have two of their long distance cameras feeding video signals to a POe receiver and from there to a wireless router and the video feeds from both cameras are recorded on one of our computers.

Does Hanykam still exist?
I'm looking for a couple of birdbox windows to give more light for the camera.
i noticed on a YouTube clip just the thig I'd like.....

It's probably an old clip, but wondered if anyone here would know where I can get a couple please?

Last edited:
Edit, sorry I didn't read all the posts, so they have ceased trading.:confused:
I'd still like to know if there are any other sites that have similar windows

Users who are viewing this thread

Back