• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Review of my year 2023! (3 Viewers)

Original PaulE

United Kingdom
It's been a not bad sort of year, 2023, had several trips. Wales, Cornwall and Mull all of which lived up to expectations. My main target of the year was to see a Great Shearwater a well overdue lifer, which I final connected with on a memorable day trip to the Isle of Scillies. Also had an armchair tick of a Scopoli's Shearwater, in no little part to the good people on Birdforum ID forum!!! Two Sabine's Gulls one in Hampshire and one in Sussex were also of note. Three Shrikes, always a favourite and Eagles galore on Mull also a highlight. Some notable dips for the year Spotted Flycatcher and Bonxie I really should of got. Also should have put in a bit of effort and got Honey Buzzard, Lesser-spotted Woodpecker, Little Owl and Turtle Dove all of which are not that hard near me!!! Two lots of Waxwings this year as well and they've arrived in Sussex now, so with a bit of fair weather should be able to connect again !! Hopefully 2024 will be as least as good if not better, still need Black Kite and Caspian Tern among others so plenty of motivation!!

Fuller report and a lot more pics on the blog at the link

Cory's Shearwater
Cory.JPG

White-tailed Eagle
WTE2.JPG

Red-backed Shrike
Red-backed Shrike.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back