• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ricoh TC-1 for panasonic or other superzoom (1 Viewer)

Steven Astley

Just ordered Pan. FZ38. I already have a Olympus Tcon 17 from my previous Kodak superzoom.

Was wondering what people think about the idea using Ricoh tc-1
It gives 1.88 magnification.

I believe it has a 43mm rear thread, possibly too small would need 2 step down rings.

It has a 55mm front thread, could even try stacking the tcon 17 on top!

Just thinking up crazy ideas for more magnification.

Just ordered Pan. FZ38. I already have a Olympus Tcon 17 from my previous Kodak superzoom.

Was wondering what people think about the idea using Ricoh tc-1
It gives 1.88 magnification.

I believe it has a 43mm rear thread, possibly too small would need 2 step down rings.

It has a 55mm front thread, could even try stacking the tcon 17 on top!

Just thinking up crazy ideas for more magnification.

Check out the Raynox dcr2020 2.2x teleconverter the image quality is as good as the TCON17 but more magnification, its a big TC but i think it will work with your Panny see here, http://www.digitaltoyshop.co.uk/pro...O_TELEPHOTO_2_2X_for_Panasonic_Lumix_DMC-FZ38

you can pick them up on Ebay for less than £50.00 great piece of kit! I have one myself (so does the missus)
Cheers
Brian:t:

Steven, been talking to a guy today at bird hide with a FZ38 and he loves it! He let me have a go with it and it felt very well made and looked at a few of his shots on the LCD screen and they were excellent. He raved about the video feature too.
Looks like you have bought a great camera (won't be parting with m Fuji for one yet but worth buying if mine breaks etc a they don't make the S100fs anymore and the S200exr is crap compared to the S100fs no tilting screen!)
Brian

Thanks for that Brian. I know about the Raynox, it has mixed reviews, which has made me cautious but at a lower price its something to think about.
I think I'm getting little head of myself as I will continue to use the tcon17 when I get the panasonic fz38.

Thanks for that Brian. I know about the Raynox, it has mixed reviews, which has made me cautious but at a lower price its something to think about.
I think I'm getting little head of myself as I will continue to use the tcon17 when I get the panasonic fz38.

You'll love the Fz38 its a cracking camera:t: I'll try and post some shots taken with the Raynox dcr2020 on my Fuji S100fs (if we ever get a dry day here) I have lost my sight in one eye now and t'other getting bad so can only use the cameras now on bright days when i can actually see something:C but still great fun!
Brian

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back