• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Roddlesworth-west pennine moors. (1 Viewer)

NickPatel92

today i went bird watching in roddlesworth woods around the roddlesworth reservoirs, and saw:
2 Nuthatches,
1 Spotted Flycatcher,
2 Treecreepers,
1 kestrel,
2 moorhen (1 adult, 1 juvenile),
1 great spotted woodpecker,
10ish mistle thrush,
5 willow warbler,
20+ coal tit,
2 flocks of long tailed tits, with about 10 in each flock,

The nuthatches, the spotted flycatcher and kestrel were good spottings!

Hi

Glad you had a good morning at Roddlesworth. I go birding there fairly often, its a nice area of woodland especially in Spring. Some summers wood warblers breed, as well as tree pipit and redstart are sometimes around the ruins.

Rick

RJElse said:
Hi

Glad you had a good morning at Roddlesworth. I go birding there fairly often, its a nice area of woodland especially in Spring. Some summers wood warblers breed, as well as tree pipit and redstart are sometimes around the ruins.

Rick

do you know where the best place for redstart is round that area?

do you know where the best place for redstart is round that area?

There's never many of them, and it varies from year to year, but as far as i know the Hollinshead hall area is probably the best bet. Much easier to find in Spring when the males are singing. The same area is also the best site I know of locally for tree pipit (although again spring is the best time).

RJElse said:
There's never many of them, and it varies from year to year, but as far as i know the Hollinshead hall area is probably the best bet. Much easier to find in Spring when the males are singing. The same area is also the best site I know of locally for tree pipit (although again spring is the best time).

hi this is nick again, i regularly go walking/bird watching in the west pennine moors round darwen that sort of area, where round there do you think is the best place for birding.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back