• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Rubber eye cups for Zeiss Victory Pocket x25 (2 Viewers)

hopster

Wales
I have seen a few threads asking about rubber eye cups for this outstanding optic. It is the easiest way to enhance both image quality and ease of use at almost no cost (~£5).

I have tried a few and this winged one is the nicest fit (tight and grippy but adjustable), the best match visually and with the most rounded and comfortable ends. Also apparently the best made as it looks like a high quality moulding unlike some of them:

One Pair Eye Guards Stereo Microscope eyepiece Eye Piece 32-35mm Rubber Eye Cups | eBay

When used with the eye cups fully extended I get what feels like exactly the correct eye position resting them naturally against my eye sockets, but if it was too long for others they could use O-rings on the barrels of the extensions and ease them back a few mm from the end stop.

Attachments

• VP eye cups.jpg
    VP eye cups.jpg
    288 KB · Views: 25

Users who are viewing this thread

Back