• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sandwell Valley (3 Viewers)

Paddocks
Fieldfare c30, Redwing c45, Mistle Thrush, Goldfinch, Long Tailed Tit and Green Woodpecker
Good Birding YAMYAM

Forge Mill
Goosander x10, Pochard c20, Wigeon c9, Shoveler c3, Teal, Goldeneye 1m 2F, Great Crested Grebe, Gadwall, Lapwing c14, Little Ringed Plover, Grey Wagtail x2, Pied Wagtail, Grey Heron x4, Black Headed Gull C110, Lesser Black Backed Gull c5, Kingfisher, Common Gull and Oystercatcher x2
Good Birding YAMYAM

Last edited:
Feeding Station
Bullfinch c12, Greenfinch c30, Chaffinch c15, Coal Tit x2, Long Tailed Tit, Blue Tit, Great Tit, Reed Bunting c4 and Collared Dove x2 per Pete Carless
Good Birding YAMYAM

1pm x 3.30pm

Swan pool/Ice house pools.

36 Tufted Ducks
18 Shoveler
1 Cormorant
4 Herring Gulls
2 Little Grebes
120 Redwings

Forge mill/RSPB

1 Ringed Plover flew over calling at 2.50pm
1 LRP
1 Common Gull

Good numbers of Black headed Gulls.

Shoveler x18, Little Grebe on Ice House this AM, Pheasant heard calling and Kingfisher in Park Farm on small Pool pet Matt Hadlington
Good Birding YAMYAM

Whooper Swans on the move today, heading north over Lincs and Yorks probably from the East Anglia. Been 30 years since I saw one down the Valley.........so fingers crossed for the weekend.......but probably wishful thinking.

2pm - 6pm

Little Owl heard calling in the paddocks area this afternoon but I was unable to pinpoint it. Initially it seemed to be coming from the paddocks area but the last time I heard it call it seemed to be coming from trees nearer the road.

3 Buzzards including one carrying nest material over Forge Lane.

2 LRP at opposite ends of the RSPB island.

60+ Redwings
2 Snipe (Sots Hole)
245 Woodpigeons off Salters Lane
8 Goosander
6 Herring Gulls
17 LBB Gulls
6 Teal
12 Pochard
4 Little Grebe
14 Mute Swans (on Swan pool)
4 Greylags flew over Sots Hole

Users who are viewing this thread