• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sandwell Valley (10 Viewers)

I've had a PM asking me how long the Pintail have been on Forge Mill, the female was first seen on the 19th September and the male joined her on the 4th November.
Good Birding YAMYAM

Feeding Station
Willow Tit showing on and off all morning, Redwing x10, Greenfinch c30 and Bullfinch x8 per Pete Carless
Good Birding YAMYAM

Starling Roost
We had nine birds roosting in the Marsh last week tonight there were forty birds flying around the Marsh at dusk per Pete Hackett
Good Birding YAMYAM

Swan Pool/ Forge Mill
Coot x230, Tufted Duck x90, Teal x45, Pochard x20, Gadwall x14, Great Crested Grebe x8, Little Grebe x7, Mute Swan x30, Wigeon x6, Shoveler x6, Pintail pair, Canada Geese x130, Greylag, Snipe c30 and Lapwing x4 per Pete Hackett
Good Birding YAMYAM

Also seen today
Redwing c20, Song Thrush x6, Goldcrest x7, Willow Tit x2, Pied Wagtail and Meadow Pipit per Pete Hackett
Good Birding YAMYAM

Coot
Pete's count of 230 is impressive shame the smaller waters not checked today, the record count stands at 282 in November 2000, I had 254 in November 2014 and we had 220 birds on the all dayer in September again smaller bodies of water not included, its only a matter of time till a new record count is set and maybe 300 will be broken
Good Birding YAMYAM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back