• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sardinian (and maybe Subalpine) warbler and Black-headed bunting - when and where? (1 Viewer)

YvonnePL

Hi!
I'm going to Croatia for about 7-10 days in April/May and I'm not sure when is the best time for a few species I'm interested in (Sardinian warbler - maybe also Eastern Subalpine warbler, but this species is probably rare in northern Croatia - and Black-headed, Cirl and Rock buntings, Zitting cisticola (Scops owl, Blue rock thrush, Northern bobtail and Rock partridge would be also great, but not a must). I care about the large number of these species (especially Sardinian/Subalpine warblers, Black-headed/Zirl/Rock bunting in one place (mini-region) to be sure to meet them and be able to enough photograph them (so it would be best if they were not in the telescope distance). Because I will come with an infant, I have no possibility of walking in the mountains, I was thinking about driving a car in the immediate vicinity of the place of accommodation and walking on easier terrain.
I'm thinking about a week between 20.04-20.05., but I don't know which time is the best.
I'm afraid that Sardinian warblers are not breeding here, so there are not too many of them. Do I have to go to the south of Croatia to watch the species I am interested in, or is it possible in Istria?

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back