• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

SE Brazil Feb 2024 (1 Viewer)

kstrating

This is a fishing expedition... I mean I'm fishing for companions to do a SE Brazil trip in early 2024 ;). Thinking to start with a week at REGUA or Serra dos Tucanos (fly into Rio) and head south from there (return from Sao Paulo). Looking to bump around the parks for the next month or so, using local guides where available. Focus would be on endemics, photography, and a bit of Portuguese immersion. I realize this is high season, so reservations become a bit sticky.

That said, if anyone has a spot on an already scheduled trip, that could work too. My dates are somewhat flexible but I will be coming off a NE endemics tour ending Feb 3 at Porto Seguro, and Carnival is Feb 6-14 (hoping to hide at REGUA or Dos Toucanos).

Any thoughts, or advice appreciated!
Cheers, and good birding all!
Kt.

Just wanted to re-up this message, still fishing. My 2024 plans are jelling now if anyone is interested in joining birding forces between Feb 4- March 11 2024.
REGUA Feb 4-10,
Itatiaia Feb 11-14,
Ubatuba/Parati Feb 15-18 (have guide),
Iguazu Falls for a few days. Return Sao Paulo.
Intervales (no reservation yet). I like the BirdingRio's 12-day S Brazil itinerary, but would need a companion to bring costs down. Anyone interested in this or some part of this?

Happy travels all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back