• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Seeking kid friendly resort/hotel in Yucatan, Mexico with good birding (1 Viewer)

brnpelican

United States
Hi,

I am a birder with a non-birding spouse and two young children. Does anyone know of a resort/hotel with a kid friendly beach that is within walking distance of restaurants, etc. near Cancun, Playa del Carmen, etc. that is also good for birding or has good birding nearby? I hope that a place like this exists. I desire to see birds that I can't see in the US plus we need a nice family friendly vacation. Thank you.

Some of the places have on site golf, and if you can talk them into letting you walk the paths around the golf area you should be able to see some birds. An alternative that might not be quite as cheap would be to stay in a hotel with swimmingpool situated in a good area. One such is Hacienda Chichen which is next door to the Mayan ruins and has its own trails (or did last time I was there).

Niels

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back