• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

First Birding Trip to the Yucatan (2 Viewers)

jdzmumbles

United States
Me and two others are heading to the Yucatan for our first birding trip in Mexico in March. We already have the itinerary, hotels, and flights set. Just want some more information for the hotspots we are going to visit (anything of note, parking, useful tips), cool restaurants or other recommendations, and if we should skip some hotspots for other hidden gems. I especially need help in the areas around Rio Lagartos. Also, I was planning on getting a field guide (Birds of Belize), using Merlin, and studying beforehand because we will mostly be without a guide.

Itinerary
Day 0: Cancun -> Yaax Che Jardin -> Tulum
Day 1: Tulum: Tulum ruins and beach
Day 2: Tulum: Camino vigia chico and muyil
Day 3: Tulum -> Coba -> Xocen -> Rio Lagartos
Day 4: Rio Largartos: Puten Tuchen and San Salvador and boat trip in afternoon with Diego
Day 5: Rio Lagartos -> Other scrub area? -> Hacienda Chichen
Day 6: Chichen Itza: Hacienda Chichen grounds tour -> Chichen Itza -> Puerto Moreles
Day 7: Fly out of Cancun

Users who are viewing this thread

Back