• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sites for birding in Sicily in June (Saline di Priolo in particular) (1 Viewer)

Samwild24

United Kingdom
Hi all! I’m going to be spending a week or so in Sicily this month and wondered if there was anywhere worth driving to to see some bird life. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated! I have been looking into Saline di Priolo which looks to be a great reserve. However, I can’t find much online about whether many species will still be around at this time of year. Would be great to hear some insight from some of you!

Hi all! I’m going to be spending a week or so in Sicily this month and wondered if there was anywhere worth driving to to see some bird life. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated! I have been looking into Saline di Priolo which looks to be a great reserve. However, I can’t find much online about whether many species will still be around at this time of year. Would be great to hear some insight from some of you!
I was at Priolo in 2019, it is a pretty cool place, especially for Flamingos. There is a hide that goes pretty far out into the lake and you are very close to the Flamingos. If it is within your reach, I would definitely check out "Riserva naturale orientata Oasi Faunistica di Vendicari", that was probably one of the best places for birding I visited in Sicily.
I posted a trip report in 2019 --> Sicily February 2019. I was there in February though, but in the whole thread a lot of good places in Sicily for birding are mentioned. Enjoy your trip! Looking forward to a report of what you saw.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back