• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sketches from Portugal (1 Viewer)

Night herons are amongst my favourite birds.
Today I went to a spot where I see them every year.

This was the result...
DSC06541.JPG DSC06545.JPG DSC06546.JPG DSC06547.JPG

Cormorants were present to:

DSC06544.JPG

Great stuff here, Paulo. A very well observed and drawn set of night heron poses - lovely flowing lines, just the way I'd tackle 'em - ah, ah, ah. Nice open-billed cormorant too. Birds with their beaks open like this are rather difficult, especially when you've got the gape line to consider but, again you've observed this very well.

Russ

The Night-heron is a favorite bird of mine as well, but very difficult to find around our area. Nice to see your image of one. The cormorant is particularly nicely done.

In the past weekend I've been sketching a Stork nest with three nestlings.

DSC06908.JPG DSC06909.JPG

I've made some insect illustrations: a Western honey bee (Apis mellifera) and a Two Tailed Pasha (Charaxes jasius):

DSC06922 - Cópia.JPG DSC06911.JPG

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back