• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sky Broadband? (1 Viewer)

delia todd

If I said the wrong thing it was a Senior Moment
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
Any good do you think?

I'm not sure why, but I've been offered free Broadband until February, which includes free Netflix for 4 months {no intention of keeping that though afterwards as not that interested}.

Currently with EE, been with them since the days of Freeserve - remember them LOL? They became Wannado, then Orange before becoming EE.

Would being with Sky make for an easier transition for my landline when that changes to using the 'net next year?

All the broadband providers that use Openreach infrastructure are much of a muchness. They over slightly different prices and add-ons. The only people I know with Sky Broadband have it packaged with the Sky TV service. It works fine but there are endless up-selling deals for different TV packages and add-ons.

The change from copper telephones to VOIP, merely involves plugging a dodad into your router that you can then plug a normal phone into.

Thanks Mono.

I've not had any upselling calls from Sky for years, until last week, as I'd told them I didn't want them. They had all been special offers for upgrading packages.... especially for Sports (read football... absolutely no interest at all) and films - rarely watch films, and then only free ones on free channels, which I can record and so skip the ads. It must have been at least 10 years, so I suppose an update might have been forgivable as things change over the years.

So again I told them no I didn't want them. But this came through as a text a couple of days later (I think they may have asked who my ISP was in the call). If they phone me again I'll get them to stop.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back