• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Slik 500G Tripod (1 Viewer)

John Bullfinch

John Bullfinch
Hi

I am just after a cheap and cheerful lighweight tripod that I can put in my bag with my 50mm travel scope when out birding on my mountain bike. Is the old Slik 500G sufficient - can it handle the weight of a 50mm scope which weighs approx 700g? I would rarely have the legs out fully - I tend to sit on the ground when viewing, but would have a couple of legs out to full extent when using in a hide. Any views welcome plus any other recommendations at the cheap and lighweight end of the market.

Many thanks

John

Hi
My travel scope is the Nikon ED50 and I would suggest the Slik Pro EZ (I had it) or, better, the Sirui T-1204XL that I use even with bigger loads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back