• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Small predatory bird in Finnish Archipelago (1 Viewer)

Korpo

This bird was sat on my home made bird table this morning, because I have about 30 resident greater tits and a few other little birds, but they were nowhere to be seen today while this bird was sat there. Which makes me think it was a small predatory bird of some sort. I apologise for the poor pictures, even though it was 9am, it is still dark here and my camera is awful in low light and I didn't risk getting tripod incase the bird flown away.

Picture 3 & 4 are the clearest.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

Last edited:
Oh wow, thank you guys! My first time seeing one! What a wonderful day! So it was there to eat the tits? I will set the camera and tripod up and see if I can see him again one morning :)

Oh wow, thank you guys! My first time seeing one! What a wonderful day! So it was there to eat the tits? I will set the camera and tripod up and see if I can see him again one morning :)

They will eat any small birds, not just the Tits. They often sit still and then do a surprise attack on their prey, hoping to startle them.

CB

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back