• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Snakes on the sidewalk, Bonking Turtles and a few sps on Paphos Headland April 13-20th 2024 (1 Viewer)

Ken, nice one, your Paphos Headland list makes me feel very unobservant - only 2 morning visits for me but no Bee-eaters, Short-toed Larks, Sub-alpine or Bonelli's Warblers! Or turtles.

Ken, nice one, your Paphos Headland list makes me feel very unobservant - only 2 morning visits for me but no Bee-eaters, Short-toed Larks, Sub-alpine or Bonelli's Warblers! Or turtles.

Thanks Forest,
I’ve always found that being in the right place, at the right time helps, as does being a tad manic.🤣
Only had Bee Eaters on the one day, and speaking to another birder, he’d had Red Backed and Masked Shrike in the general area during the week, which I didn’t connect with along with Hume’s YBW.😩
Can’t win ‘em all.👍

I've been to Cyprus 5 times Ken but never had Blue-cheeked - one of my favourite birds!
Seen them elsewhere thankfully.
Nice report!

I've been to Cyprus 5 times Ken but never had Blue-cheeked - one of my favourite birds!
Seen them elsewhere thankfully.
Nice report!
Cheers Nick,

I think I’ve been c5 time's as well, BCB’s are superb!….even more so once ID’d.🤣
It turns out that I’ve seen the above on 2 visits, and the CBE just the once!
Probability should favour the more numerous not the least, just goes to show….you never can tell.👍

Have you been seeing many short toed lark. I had an ebird guy question a checklist saying greater s t l at Mandria but I thought that wasn’t an unusual record

Have you been seeing many short toed lark. I had an ebird guy question a checklist saying greater s t l at Mandria but I thought that wasn’t an unusual record

Hi Owene,

I had an initial flock of c7-8 within the Arc.Ruin in a weedy field in front of the Amphi Theatre, albeit they were mobile on Monday 15th April.

Six on the headland shoreline on Wednesday 17th, then c10 at Coral Bay along the coastal strip, circa one mile to the North on Thursday 18th.

Cheers 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back