• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

South Central Kentucky Raptor (1 Viewer)

aaronc

Hello, Gent's...I do more reading and looking here than posting but have a question for you. About 3 days ago the wife said she saw a large hawk land on our deck rail going after one of our fox squirrels. It missed but sat there a minute. She's relatively familiar with our Coopers hawks as we see them often, but said the hawk was light gray/very light colored and bigger. It didn't really make sense to me as it didn't fit anything we have local. The next day she spotted the hawk in one of our trees in the front yard. As she snapped the pic with her phone it flew but she did manage to get this image. I've looked at it and am leaning towards some sort of light color phase red shouldered. Could be a redtailed but the head looks more red shouldered to me. Hopefully there is enough wing detail in the pic for some of you guys to make a call. I'm a big raptor fan and always looking but rarely see anything out of the ordinary on color. Pic is what it is..taken quickly through the glass of the front storm door. Thanks for looking - Aaron

IMG_20220919_130018resize40.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back