• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

South Texas Newbie (1 Viewer)

Hello to all from the southern gulf coast region of Texas. We enjoy a warm climate most of the year;so we have an abundance of birds,butterflies,moths,insects and other critters all year long! I have been studying nature seriously for about five years and have recently added photography in order to help in identifying what I find.We have a small urban yard which we use to attract as much wildlife as we can.We had a large hatching of Monarch butterflys in our yard last week so I'm thinking of another mild winter. I maintain hummingbird and other bird feeders year round and like to take pics from our patio. I also enjoy hiking the numerous wildlife preserves in our area and identifying what I find for my personal photo albums. I hope that ya'll can help me with ID questions from time to time and perhaps I can contribute to this forum also.

Hi Cottonpicker and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here. I look forward to hearing your news and will hopefully see some of your pictures in the Gallery too.

I hope you'll consider joining us in Houston over the weekend of January 17th-20th, 2013 at the winter meeting of the Texas Ornithological Society. We'll have field trips for all levels of birder, great speakers and workshops, and lots of knowledgeable, helpful fellow birders.

You can get more information about the meeting at: texasbirds.org

Steve Gross
President, Texas Ornithological Society

Welcome to BirdForum! I am sure you will find lots to interest you here, and I hope you enjoy your visits.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back