• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Strap question (1 Viewer)

REBIRDER

United Kingdom
Can anyone enlighten me on how I deal with the extra strap length not required on this (see picture) with other makes I have cut the excess off but with the plastic ends I feel I may be missing something?! Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_4021.jpeg
    5.2 MB · Views: 61
Are have the bino always so close? As in your picture I wear it only during cycling or walking when I do not want to use it. When I'm in ready mode where have to be fast looking through the bino I have it much far away so the lose ends of the straps are much shorter.

So no need for me to cut. And since cutting is irreverible I would avoid it. Maybe you can use a rubber band as shows in the picture below. 17049249285495647605084195381754.jpg

Are have the bino always so close? As in your picture I wear it only during cycling or walking when I do not want to use it. When I'm in ready mode where have to be fast looking through the bino I have it much far away so the lose ends of the straps are much shorter.

So no need for me to cut. And since cutting is irreverible I would avoid it. Maybe you can use a rubber band as shows in the picture below. View attachment 1553405
Thank you for the reply. That was the idea I was going to utilise I just wasn’t sure if you could remove the plastic ends. Thanks again πŸ‘πŸ½

Can anyone enlighten me on how I deal with the extra strap length not required on this (see picture) with other makes I have cut the excess off but with the plastic ends I feel I may be missing something?! Thank you!
Josh, if you're finding that Field Pro strap/system irritating (which many people do), you can always swap out the Field Pro strap and pins for the standard strap lugs which Swarovski provide in the little white box in the accessories compartment under the handbook in the box. You can then use a standard binocular strap which is far easier to tailor to your preferred length, which may work better for you as you appear to prefer to wear your binoculars short. Personally, I favour the Niggeloh neoprene outline strap, which I use on my Kowa Genesis binoculars, because the ultra wide strap they come with is too wide to sit comfortably on the neck.

Me, for NL's I prefer the EL Field Pro strap, I find the cord hangs better than that flat NL webbing, and is less prone to twisting and generally getting in the way.

Just my 2p. :)

Josh, if you're finding that Field Pro strap/system irritating (which many people do), you can always swap out the Field Pro strap and pins for the standard strap lugs which Swarovski provide in the little white box in the accessories compartment under the handbook in the box. You can then use a standard binocular strap which is far easier to tailor to your preferred length, which may work better for you as you appear to prefer to wear your binoculars short. Personally, I favour the Niggeloh neoprene outline strap, which I use on my Kowa Genesis binoculars, because the ultra wide strap they come with is too wide to sit comfortably on the neck.

Me, for NL's I prefer the EL Field Pro strap, I find the cord hangs better than that flat NL webbing, and is less prone to twisting and generally getting in the way.

Just my 2p. :)
Thanks James πŸ‘πŸ½ very helpful - I have tried the field pro strap and as you say it’s much better particularly with the BGP

Re the OP. The rubber strap-ends are simply stitched on.

The stitching can be (carefully) unpicked, straps shortened and rubber ends re-stitched back on.

Thanks - went with the Field-pro strap - cord hangs better and works a lot better with the BGP
Can you tell me exactly which model of Field-pro strap you bought, as Iβ€˜m also looking for a better strap for my NLs that works better with the BGP.

For what it's worth, and for future reference should anyone perhaps search on this subject later.

The attached image shows one of my own Swaro Universal Comfort Straps (as supplied with NLs) shortened as per my post above. It's quite an easy job to do if you're careful with unpicking the original stitching and have a needle and thread to hand.

Attachments

• IMG_20240210_113822_3.jpg
    IMG_20240210_113822_3.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 16
Just wondering why does some of you found the extra straps hanging are irritating with the NL and FP?

This is my usage with the strap and never IMG20240210202935-01.jpegIMG20240210202842-01.jpegIMG20240210203411-01.jpeghad any problem with excessive dangling straps.

And once in a while, I would extend the straps and hanged the bino across my chest on the shoulder.

I can only speak for myself but I always wear my bins quite high on my chest, where they're very quick to deploy and have much less of a tendency to swing around.

When in this 'high' position the extra strap length constantly (for me, anyway) gets in the way.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back