• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

NL Pure strap lugs spinning tangle (1 Viewer)

Packing, loading, unloading, carrying, setting up, taking down, carrying, loading, unloading, and putting away all that crap is enough to take all the joy out of it for me.

Give me my glasses and a bird.

If I can’t see it very well, I go find another bird.
me to.

The pre-Field Pro ELs were perfect ergonomically - if it weren't for how much better the NLs are optically I'd rather be using them!

I tend to agree with Grampa, but really if you don't want to worry about it anymore, I don't understand why you don't order Swarovski Lift Carrying Strap Pro (Field Pro).
It adapts perfectly to NL's and the problem would be solved !!

strap.jpg

Warning: first world problem ahead!

As a daily user, I love the optics of my NL Pure 8x32s, but I've struggled with the ergonomics on several fronts.

I've solved the problem of the ridiculously tight rain guard, which when removed always pulled the eye cups out of position, by swapping to the one made for the x42s (though even then I still had to take off the little interior bumps with a scalpel).

I've replaced the absurdly long and complicated neck strap for a much simpler standard Optech neoprene one.

I've just about got the eye relief right as a glasses wearer too, although truly perfect is in between two click settings.

The last annoyance is the spinning strap lugs - almost every time I pick up my bins to go birding I have to spin one or the other to untwist the strap again. Has anyone found a way to stop the darned things spinning?

The pre-Field Pro ELs were perfect ergonomically - if it weren't for how much better the NLs are optically I'd rather be using them!

Thanks,
Sean
Those annoying spinning lugs are one of the reasons I found a new home for my 8x32 EL, and didn’t replace it with an NL.

Those annoying spinning lugs are one of the reasons I found a new home for my 8x32 EL, and didn’t replace it with an NL.
Did you have ang flare/glare issues with them. Thinking of getting the pre field pro version with swaroclean and swarovision.

Oh and hello all, pleasure to join.
Wishing you all a very warm welcome.

Did you have ang flare/glare issues with them. Thinking of getting the pre field pro version with swaroclean and swarovision.

Oh and hello all, pleasure to join.
Wishing you all a very warm welcome.
Welcome to BF. Glare issue is a non issue for most users. Don’t listen a few people who have that issue with the Swaros, because they’re the minority. I could list issues with every binocular here that people have said are perfect for them, key words, for them.

The FP strap attachment is another non issue, and Is not a make or break issue for the majority of users. It’s actually quite unique and allows for quick interchangeability for different ways to use straps or harnesses on the go. I usually will have a strap on my FP models and have a harness in the bag, if when at the hiking area I decide the terrain is rough, I switch right there to the harness in seconds. Very creative and flexible evolution to an over 100 year old system to attach straps.

Enjoy the forum.

Paul

Hi Grandpa Tom,

You having any issues with glare using your NL pure?
Yes, inexplicably so, never having seen it in other binos I own, to include EL. Surprised, shocked, and a little confused as it comes and goes, will-o-the wispish-like, in places I wouldn't expect, (high direct sun overhead...not so much). Not seeing it while birding, but easily out my apartment window. Would not throw the baby out with bath water yet. Still my fav binos. Stay tuned.

Welcome to BF. Glare issue is a non issue for most users. Don’t listen a few people who have that issue with the Swaros, because they’re the minority. I could list issues with every binocular here that people have said are perfect for them, key words, for them.

The FP strap attachment is another non issue, and Is not a make or break issue for the majority of users. It’s actually quite unique and allows for quick interchangeability for different ways to use straps or harnesses on the go. I usually will have a strap on my FP models and have a harness in the bag, if when at the hiking area I decide the terrain is rough, I switch right there to the harness in seconds. Very creative and flexible evolution to an over 100 year old system to attach straps.

Enjoy the forum.

Paul
YES!!!

Packing, loading, unloading, carrying, setting up, taking down, carrying, loading, unloading, and putting away all that crap is enough to take all the joy out of it for me.

Give me my glasses and a bird.

If I can’t see it very well, I go find another bird.
of course there is another option - just look through someone else's scope. Then you become what my astro club calls a "scope mooch" but it's OK if the person is willing to share. I recently commandeered someone's scope and pointed it up at Venus, that did get me a dirty look from the owner. Probably going a little too far with that....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back