• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Stumpy Blackbird (1 Viewer)

Rubie61

New Zealand
Hi from a tree full backyard in Tauranga NZ. I have a hoppy visitor helping itself to my Cat’s food. Sparse short tail feathers. It has been 2+ months now and no regrowth occurring. Can the lack of tail feathers be caused by a deformity or disease? Meantime it has adapted well and made itself at home. Safe in the company of two very idle well fed Cats who don’t mind sharing.

Hi Rubie and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators. He could have been attacked by a cat, or some other predator. Is it possible, do you think, to get a photo of him, so we can see the damage?

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Hi, and welcome to the forum. I can’t help with your question, but hopefully someone who can will chime in soon.

I think my previous photos are of the wrong bird. I thought the tail looked different. More than one interloper stealing food. 😂IMG_3554.jpeg

Hi Rubie and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators. He could have been attacked by a cat, or some other predator. Is it possible, do you think, to get a photo of him, so we can see the damage?

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.
IMG_3554.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back