• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Suggestions for early October! (1 Viewer)

Sasquatch Fingers

International Man of Leisure
Will be in southwest/western Bulgaria for 3-5 days in early October, looking for suggestions. I have ZERO plans, am hoping to shape my itinerary around a couple of mornings of birding.

Will be in southwest/western Bulgaria for 3-5 days in early October, looking for suggestions. I have ZERO plans, am hoping to shape my itinerary around a couple of mornings of birding.

For this short time in combination with is one option is fly to Sofia and drive to south into the Struma river valley.
From there it is easy to reach Lake Kerkini in nortern Greece.

For other options you need more time
e.g. Fly to Burgas
visit Atanasovsko Lake, Poda Lagoon, Madzharovo or Robotamo
From there you can drive to northern Greece and visit
Lesvos and Dadia which has the highest number of different kind of raptors in Europe
continue via Porto Lagos to Thessaloniki and fly back

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back