• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kuusamo advice (2 Viewers)

simmojunior

Hi all, I'm planning my next adventure probably for the end of May / early June. Very up in the air what I will do (Canada, Taiwan, Georgia, Poland and Estonia have crossed my mind) but now looking at Finland.

Finnature have availability for their Oulu trip in early June but their Kuusamoo trips are sold out. Is it possible to find the target birds near Kuusamoo without them and /or are there other guides?

Also welcome suggestions of 4-5 day itinerary in that area ideally trying to keep costs relatively down and, if possible, looking for Wolverine. Target birds below (plus Eagle Owl).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240324_093753_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240324_093753_Samsung Internet.jpg
    366.1 KB · Views: 9
Back in 2017 I got 5 owls (Great Grey, Ural, Northern Hawk, Pygmy & Tengmalm's) on the Finnature Oulu tour. The owls were not there the next day on their Kuusamo, tour but it did add a few of my targets (including Siberian Tit). However, I saw Three-toed Woodpecker & Siberian Jay independently in the afternoon. I then went further north so only added Pine Grosbeak from your list. Trip report attached in case it is any help: www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=363594

Users who are viewing this thread

Back