• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sunrise 1140, -34C Box. Day Bird Count (1 Viewer)

Hi All: 136W 60N Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada

Just about to fill up the hot potatoes and sauce thermos and the tea thermos for a fat bike run up the airport clay cliffs to do the Boxing Day Bird Count. Hope to see more than our clever friends the Ravens, will go right past a Bald Eagle nest, empty until March. -18C now, windchill -36C.

On the forums here I will be seeking used eagle-nest watching binoculars for use from a portable cliff-top hide, 15x56, Swarovski or individual eye piece-focusing 15x70's. I will need at least a 2M field of view at 33M, wider the better. Waterproof and nitrogen filled. Need to be functional down to about -15C. The more compact, the better, as it all has to be moved in bicycle bags.

Enjoy the birds!

Hi eaglenestviews and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Thanks for your welcome, all! Just 4 Common Ravens up at the airport today. Much more lively down by the river, we still have Bald Eagles overwintering due to open water at the dam and the compost site at the dump.
It was a good day for thermoses and Fjellduken, insulated tarp-poncho-bag, as the wind chill was high!

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back