• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Taiwan Birdathon 2012 (1 Viewer)

BabblerVille

Hope this is the best place to post this on Birdforum - feel free to reproduce anywhere else appropriate!

Taiwan Birdathon 2012.

Taiwan is holding a 30-hour Birdathon event on November 24-25th 2012 (8:30 am - 2:30 pm).

It will be held in the southern counties of Yunlin, Chaiyi, and Tainan - home to great birding sites such as Alishan, Yushan National Park, Huben, Beimen Wetlands, Aogu Wetlands, and Qigu Reserve. A wide range of shore and forest birds can be expected - including many endemics and wintering specialities.

This will be a fun event suitable for bird watchers of all abilities. Teams, each consisting of 3-4 members, aim to spot as many bird species as possible in the 30 hour period. There may be other less competitive 'targets'. Foreign teams are especially welcome - accommodation and food will be paid for on the 23-25th, and can be paired up with local guides if necessary. No registration fee required.

Organized by the Taiwan Ecotourism Association. Sponsored by Taiwan Tourism Bureau, and the SW Coast National Scenic Area Administration, Alishan NSA, and Siraya NSA.

For more details see the official website is at http://www.taiwanbirdathon.org (English version still under construction at time of writing) or the blog post at http://birdingtaiwan.blogspot.tw/2012/06/taiwan-birdathon.html

Last edited:
I sent an email to the organizers to the same effect, but does anyone know of any folks who are looking to add to their team? I would love to participate but do not as of yet have any folks to make a team with.

Hi there brd. I am writing from Taichung, Taiwan. Are you still looking for someone to form a team? I live here but really don't have anyone as yet to team with. Let me know if you are interested.
Cheers.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back