• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Taiwan, May 2012- 台灣, 2012年5月. (5 Viewers)

Great to catch up on the rest of what was clearly a very successful trip, nd nice to see pix of the Taiwan version of Black Bulbul with pale wing patches.

Very sad to hear about the decline of Pittas at Huben.

Cheers
Mike
Thank you, hope you enjoyed it!

Based on post here:

http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=203169&highlight=Pacific+Swift

I would say the winter birds in Australia are Pacific Swift (A. p. pacificus)

While the breeding birds in Taiwan are (A. p. kurodae). However I appear to have misread that article and the birds in Taiwan are still considered part of Pacific Swift

By the way, great trip report. I am hoping if I do a postdoc in Japan I will be able to take a trip to Taiwan or China at some point.

Based on post here:

http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=203169&highlight=Pacific+Swift

I would say the winter birds in Australia are Pacific Swift (A. p. pacificus)

While the breeding birds in Taiwan are (A. p. kurodae). However I appear to have misread that article and the birds in Taiwan are still considered part of Pacific Swift

By the way, great trip report. I am hoping if I do a postdoc in Japan I will be able to take a trip to Taiwan or China at some point.
Taiwan is a short hop across the sea from Japan so very doable plus you could even island hop down the Ryukyus and get the endemics on Okinawa, Iriomote etc.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back