• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tayforth Birding (3 Viewers)

Green Winged Teal still showing well today at Guardbridge. Quite far away on the north shore....scope needed!!
Also Greenshank, redshank, black tailed godwits, 7 buzzards above the RAF base, peregrine, dunlin, red breasted mergansers, kingfisher.

Male Peacock with full tail sitting on fence post on the Blairgowrie to Alyth road - causing a few double takes!

LOL Rhummy I bet it is.:-O I sometimes hear them in the town and actually got a couple of them in the garden round here. But I've no idea who keeps them.

D

while waiting in a garage in dundee to have a tyre changed i was treated to some nice views of a pair of grey wagtails collecting nesting material,this was in a heavily built up area

i had my first wheatears of the year today near lundie craggs today, first time i have seen them in the area

My first of the year was in the grounds of the new Forth Valley hospital in Larbert on 10th of this month, been walking around the area for 40 years and it's the first I've seen there.

Walking back from the dentist just now - 3 Commic Terns flew overhead.

A bit of a surpise that LOL.

Lintrathen was a bit of a washout on Saturday evening. A single Mute Swan, a couple of Tufties, a few Mallards hiding in the overhanging trees though there was a flyover male. Highlights were a Long-tailed Tit in the trees beside the hide and an Osprey hunting at the far end.

Where did all the yellow tape come from?

D

Anyone know if Loch of Lowes is worth going to nowadays?

I'm not one for Osprey hype? (seen many a one in my youth).

Well, I don't go often Rhummy, and go in to the hides even less often! Usually I stop in the laybyes along the roadside and view the loch from there. The feeders at the centre are well worth viewing though, with all sorts turning up, Siskin, all the tits and Red Squirrels etc.

It's worth keeping an eye on the LoL Blog, to check out what's turning up.

D

Cheers Delia - I don't wanna pay to see something not very exciting.

Quite LOL

I do take visitors there, as they're guaranteed a good view of the Osprey, but I still prefer to go to Kinnordy in the hope of seeing them, which usually works out pretty well.

The footpaths around LoL and the golf course area can be quite productive.

D

Good views of both Golden Eagle and Ring Ouzel in Glen Clova this afternoon in lovely weather. Also RL Partirdge, Raven, Merlin (mobbing the eagle), wheatear and common stuff. Followed by Osprey and Marsh Harrier at Kinnordy.

Back for the hols, are you Jonathan! You had a super day with that lot didn't you.

D

I have a photo of an Osprey sitting on a fence post but it won't upload - it seems very out of context not in the air or near water!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back