• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

TE-11 WZ zoom scraping and clunking (1 Viewer)

curtA2

Hi.

My eyepiece worked fin for years, until it began scraping and clunking inside when zooming in or out. These are not just heard, but fely as well. I figured it was just wear and tear, expecially because of how much I was putting on and off a PhoneSkope adapter. I sent it in to be fixed and they destroyed it, so gave me a new one. Since then I have birded very little due to family issues, but I'm revving up here, hoping to be getting out soon. But now, my "new" eyepiece is doing the same thing. Is this an experience many have, or is it just me.

It’s about 25 years since I owned a Kiowa ‘scope but I seem to recall that their customer service was pretty good.
Why not get in touch with them and see if you can get the eyepiece serviced ?

It’s about 25 years since I owned a Kiowa ‘scope but I seem to recall that their customer service was pretty good.
Why not get in touch with them and see if you can get the eyepiece serviced ?
Oh, I will but I'm just curious whether others have had this issue with the eyepiece, given this is my second one. Thanks

I've have been using my TE-11WZ eyepiece about 2 years now. I've had no other issues than the inner black paint falling off, which produces black spots on the lenses. I can see those tiny black specks when zooming; some of them are seen at about 30x and some between that and max magnification. They seem to be increasing so I may have to send the eyepiece to be cleaned at some point. At the moment they are so small and enough scarce that they don't effect the view too much, they are mostly just annoying when I notice them.

I have no experience on Kowa customer service yet but I hope you will get your eyepiece issue fixed.

Regards, Juhani

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back