• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

The Cuban Birder digital magazine Issue No.10 is out!! (1 Viewer)

Dear friends:

On the eve of World Environment Day and starting the third year of the magazine, we arrived at the 10th. edition of The Cuban Birder with the renewed commitment in favor of environmental education, the promotion of healthy habits when interacting with nature and prioritizing the protection of wild birds and their habitats.

This issue is devoted to the Family Vireonidae and features our endemic Cuban Vireo (Vireo gundlachii) as the star of the show. As in previous editions, we put at your disposal a series of descriptive sheets of each of the vireos that we can find in Cuba, some rare and others more common, and we have introduced a new element to these sheets that shows the distribution map of each species in our archipelago.

Another novelty is that from this edition on we will present each of our provinces with their main hotspots for bird watching and the list of species historically registered on the platform eBird.org for that territory. The main objective of this incorporation is for observers to have the number of species reported for their province at hand and in that way help to identify and declare more easily the first provincial records, the most abundant species of that territory, as well as the rarest or most difficult to find in a given provincial limit. Today we start with Pinar del Río with the hope that it will be useful not only to those who live there, but to all observers of the country.

As always, we wish you a nice reading and we look forward to your feedback!!

Enjoy it!

English version

The Cuban Birder No.10 May 2023 proofed by Susan.pdf

6.61 MB file on MEGA

Check out previous issues here:

https://www.thecubanbirder.wordpress.com

85.26 MB folder on MEGA

Kind regards,

Vladimir Mirabal

General Manager Birding Havana

Director The Cuban Birder magazine

The Cuban Birder No.10 May 2023 PORTADA copia.jpg

Dear friends:

On the eve of World Environment Day and starting the third year of the magazine, we arrived at the 10th. edition of The Cuban Birder with the renewed commitment in favor of environmental education, the promotion of healthy habits when interacting with nature and prioritizing the protection of wild birds and their habitats.

This issue is devoted to the Family Vireonidae and features our endemic Cuban Vireo (Vireo gundlachii) as the star of the show. As in previous editions, we put at your disposal a series of descriptive sheets of each of the vireos that we can find in Cuba, some rare and others more common, and we have introduced a new element to these sheets that shows the distribution map of each species in our archipelago.

Another novelty is that from this edition on we will present each of our provinces with their main hotspots for bird watching and the list of species historically registered on the platform eBird.org for that territory. The main objective of this incorporation is for observers to have the number of species reported for their province at hand and in that way help to identify and declare more easily the first provincial records, the most abundant species of that territory, as well as the rarest or most difficult to find in a given provincial limit. Today we start with Pinar del Río with the hope that it will be useful not only to those who live there, but to all observers of the country.

As always, we wish you a nice reading and we look forward to your feedback!!

Enjoy it!

English version

The Cuban Birder No.10 May 2023 proofed by Susan.pdf

6.61 MB file on MEGA

Check out previous issues here:

https://www.thecubanbirder.wordpress.com

85.26 MB folder on MEGA

Kind regards,

Vladimir Mirabal

General Manager Birding Havana

Director The Cuban Birder magazine

View attachment 1513921
A birding trip to Cuba is high on my wish-list, but from the USA the obstacles are daunting. One authorized travel category MIGHT work: Support for the Cuban People. Apparently it means not patronizing any government services. Is anyone organizing birding tours that might meet the criteria for that category?

Yes gdhunter, I can do that¡ Please, mail me with your dates and target species and and will get back to you with some ideas. My Email is [email protected]
You can also look for Birding Havana in TripAdvisor to read what other Americans said about their birding experience in Cuba.
Thanks for your reply¡

A birding trip to Cuba is high on my wish-list, but from the USA the obstacles are daunting. One authorized travel category MIGHT work: Support for the Cuban People. Apparently it means not patronizing any government services. Is anyone organizing birding tours that might meet the criteria for that category?
Ok

Yes gdhunter, I can do that¡ Please, mail me with your dates and target species and and will get back to you with some ideas. My Email is [email protected]
You can also look for Birding Havana in TripAdvisor to read what other Americans said about their birding experience in Cuba.
Thanks for your reply¡

Ok
Thanks for the reply. No dates yet, but I will be sending you an email to get the process started.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back