• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

"The Singapore Birds Project" website (1 Viewer)

SeeToh

Opus Editor
www.singaporebirds.com

The Singapore Birds Project is a collaborative project by birders to document all the bird species that have been recorded in Singapore. These include residents, migrants, vagrants as well as those that were introduced to the island.

While Singapore is a country with a small land mass, we live in a region of great biodiversity. There are almost 400 birds that have been historically recorded in our bird checklist. A further 100 or so species of introduced/released birds have also been recorded.

We aim to document every one of these species, with description of the birds’ appearance, behaviour, habitat, photos, videos and sighting records. While there are commercially available guide books, apps and even existing websites that provide most of this information, our approach is to cater to the widest possible audience while being non-commercial in nature. We intend to showcase the best pictures and videos of all the species and create awareness on the great diversity of birds in our presence.

This project is not affiliated to any group or organization. Everyone is encouraged to contribute.

The ongoing bird species write up index is at the Singapore Bird List menu item, the downloadable Excel checklist is at the Downloads section, and the contributor list is at Contributors section.

SeeToh, thank you for sharing. A very good site!

Just from a visiting birder point of view, the site would greatly benefit from additional information on where and when in Singapore each species can be found.

Ah, now I see, that the description of some spieces has this information.
First, I clicked the page on Changeable Hawk-Eagle where there was no such info

Ah, now I see, that the description of some spieces has this information.
First, I clicked the page on Changeable Hawk-Eagle where there was no such info

Hi Ekopa

The site is still in the making. We have already updated 163 species.

Regards

See Toh

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back