• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Today ---------> (1 Viewer)

I wasnt going to bother today having received an electric bill on friday for £322 !! And i am only in a flat on my own!
Anyways i thought stuff it, i decided to do a circular route near where i live in Windermere, it took in the Garburn Pass then over Sour Howes (483 metres) towards Kentmere and back home. I was glad i did. I saw plenty of life out there:

Blue Tits
Chaffinch
Robin
Magpie
Ravens
Seagull
Woodpigeon

The highlights were on the way back when i bumped into 3 Buzzards soaring together, they came right over the top of me and so close i could see all the feathers ! One of them was not as light underneath as the other two and was squawking away, i guessed he/she was a youngster.
Then not long after that i came across a field that must have had about 60 pheasant in it! Both male/female, they were quite funny runnning along the ground and chasing each other.

There was also another pair of birds that i have not been able to identify yet. They are probably quite common to you lot, but bear in mind i am new at this game, i didnt take any field notes so all i can remember was this: They were about Chaffinch size maybe slightly smaller, they both (i guess there was a male/female because one had slightly different colourings ...) had a stripe right across the eye that ended at the beak, the stripe was the same colour as on top of the head. They had white down the sides of the tail. And one of them had a distinct yellow patch on its throat/belly. Overall they were both a fawny/light brown colour.

Cheers

Neil

Sounds a pleasant walk, Neil. What a fine part of the country - lucky you but I expect you needed your wet weather gear. You'll have to turn the heating down - or your next bill might be even more of a shock, eh?

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back