• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Trossachs (1 Viewer)

mummymonkey

Supporter
United Kingdom
Didn't find a recent thread so apologies if there already is one.
Anyway, walked the Loch Ard circular on Saturday morning. Birding was decent but as the day wore on the number of lycra-clad cyclists and dog walkers made it impossible. Shame as it has a lot of potential.

20240511_094935.jpg20240511_094823.jpgLoch Ard 01.jpg

To add to this thread there was a nightjar singing close to cobleland on Saturday (9pm 18th May) eve. I'm new to the area and wonder how regularly they are reported / observed here.

I think you are just outside Clyde region which goes to Drymen and west to the Lomond shore, here it is unknown and BirdTrack doesn't seem to have it in Upper Forth either (except very rarely in September). Please if you haven't already, submit to BirdTrack so the county recorder can get it in the annual report. Also do you have an audio recording? (via phone if nothing else available)?

Thankyou,

I have two very bad / faint recordings but will return and (if the bird is still present) try for better.

I see nightjar reported up to 2014 in Loch Ard forest but nothing after and do not know whether this is because people stopped looking / reporting or the birds were no longer present.

I will report as suggested

Users who are viewing this thread

Back