• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Two birds Kyrgyzstan - end of July (1 Viewer)

steenl

Registered Member
Hi all,

Had a wonderfull holiday in Kyrgyzstan. Not that many birds in full summer but we enjoyed.
I have two birds photographed and want to check with you.
One juvenile bird. For me an Evermann's Redstart juvenile. Agree? Little doubt for Pied Bushchat.
Other bird is a Wheatear. I think Northern Wheatear or i'm wrong and its a Pied.

Thanks again!
Greetings,
Lennaert

Attachments

• _N8A2509.jpg
    _N8A2509.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 126
  • _N8A2511.jpg
    _N8A2511.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 125
  • _N8A2544.jpg
    _N8A2544.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 132
  • _N8A2549.jpg
    _N8A2549.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 125
I think that’s “stretching” reflection a bit too far…from the UTC’s up to the chest!
You’ll have to do better than that!🤣

First bird: it seems to have a white patch on tertials and longish tail. Could it be a Blue-capped Redstart?
Good question! I wouldn't know for sure but I'd think the primaries and tail do look too black for Blue-capped Redstart? But then, I've never seen one least of all one in full juvenile plumage ;)

I think that’s “stretching” reflection a bit too far…from the UTC’s up to the chest!
You’ll have to do better than that!🤣
You are a bit critical here, Ken 8D...

I really was serious about my suggestion of reflecting light - the angle it is sitting on the wall would do I think. One can see the salmon-coloured stone (whether it's limestone or concrete I can't tell)...

I really was serious about my suggestion of reflecting light - the angle it is sitting on the wall would do I think. One can see the salmon-coloured stone (whether it's limestone or concrete I can't tell)...
Yes Roland, I took your suggestion seriously and can see the face of the pink tiles beneath the white mortar overhang, which in itself should help to deflect any pink tile “reflection”?
As to whether it’s entirely explained by reflection “only”, is speculation beyond my remit.😮

Not at all. The white fluffy bits at the edge of the wing and the white chin are, umm, (contrastingly) white - whereas reflection-theory would require them to show some buff - and the vertical part of the chest to show less buff, which it doesn't. I'm with Ken - the buff needs to be explained.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back