• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Two-notes sound ID. N.Sweden (1 Viewer)

surfan

Hello.

Deep in a pineforest, we heard this one, with two-notes phrases.
Maybe "just" a Great Tit ?
Thanks

\surfan

Attachments

• toxe_cut.mp3
    380 KB
Hello Surfan,

I get some kind of "familiar bird, but from the US-threads-feeling" from your recording.

I agree with you, quality of the call is so good for a Great Tit, that I think it is indeed one in a pineforest in N-Swden too.

Happy to be corrected, you know!

Hello Surfan,

I get some kind of "familiar bird, but from the US-threads-feeling" from your recording.

I agree with you, quality of the call is so good for a Great Tit, that I think it is indeed one in a pineforest in N-Swden too.

Happy to be corrected, you know!
Yes, the voice is like a Great Tit, but i have NEVER heard them do that sound and i have heard thousands of Great Tits. Well, i thought of Willow Tit or Sibirian Tit too, but i don't know. Thanks for your answer !

I don’t get a Great Tit vibe from the “tchip-tchip”call, if anything Wren alarm call might be better?

Cheers
Hmmm.. checked out alarm call for Wren now, but it's not a 2-note at all? LOTS of notes from the Wren. The "tchip-tchip" is another bird. "My" bird made only 2-notes call, no tchipping !

Hmmm.. checked out alarm call for Wren now, but it's not a 2-note at all? LOTS of notes from the Wren. The "tchip-tchip" is another bird. "My" bird made only 2-notes call, no tchipping !
To my ear the almost continuous “tipping” sounds more like an alarm call of sorts, hence why I “suggested” Wren.

Cheers

Could you always give the actual location with your ID requests, rather than just 'N Sweden'? Thanks.
i have NEVER heard them do that sound and i have heard thousands of Great Tits
I fear that, such is huge number of known calls from great tit, this is no reason to exclude it. It wouldn't surprise me at all if it was one - which is not, at all, to say that it is one.

Hello,
thanks Kuzey Cem, Lou, Hannu, Jogresh, Ehsan and Foresttwitcher and Ken and Butty for ID!
Although having seen and hearded so many Siskins over the years, I didnt recognized it. And at first, I cant remember having heard it from Siskin before. But now I am not so sure (surely biased).
You know, thats one reason why I am here. Thanks again!

I’m far from expert on Eurasian birds but have a lot of experience with new world Sisikins (15 species or so) and Spinus was my first thought as well. I don’t get a lot of Eu Siskins where I am now but still good to hear from others that my suspicion wasn’t too far off :)

Hello,
thanks Kuzey Cem, Lou, Hannu, Jogresh, Ehsan and Foresttwitcher and Ken and Butty for ID!
Although having seen and hearded so many Siskins over the years, I didnt recognized it. And at first, I cant remember having heard it from Siskin before. But now I am not so sure (surely biased).
You know, thats one reason why I am here. Thanks again!
To be honest, i've also heard many siskins, but never this call.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back