• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Unknown bird (1 Viewer)

JayFeatherPL

Poland
North-eastern Poland, Biebrza National Park, 5th May, 6:30 pm, it was at the big marsh, the weather was warm and sunny. The unknown bird is the short calls.

Attachments

• 230505_0237.MP3
    230.5 KB
Last edited:
Hello,

not a confident answer, but one to bump this up.

Its a Chiffchaff or a Common Redstart for me. I heard your recording yesterday and got a Redstart vibe, but today on another device it sounds better for a Chiffchaff.

Conclusion? I still search for reasons why many recordings are so difficult for me, and this is one more example. No offence you know, but Tfs!

My thoughts:
  • compare to this Common Redstart (Fiener Bruch near Ziesar, NE-Germany, 25.04.2023) , with a more pronounced/emphasized end
  • hearing your recording, the image of a slowly foraging Chiffchaff comes into my mind, making his way through a bush searching for insects
Conclusion2: its a Chiffchaff for me, but I hope for confirmation and answers/comments about my question. Thanks!

It's a Chiffchaff, the calls are too thin (I hope you know what I mean) for Redstart. To me Redstart calls are much closer to Willow Warbler than to Chiffchaff...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back