• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Upton Warren (113 Viewers)

Sy Bird was seen to land in bay then move quickly into channel by telegraph poles observed same pattern myself on Sat. Seemed genuine birders (one local chap.) They have written obs. in East Hide note book as I did not catch there names.

Cheers Glen - hopefully someone will pop down tomorrow morning and relocate the bird (or at least discover the re-finder's initials!).

i.d. again please

saw this near kings lynn on monday legs looked yellow but don't show well in picture, if someone could have a look for us, cheers.

Attachments

• DSC06425.jpg
    DSC06425.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 51
  • DSC06427.JPG
    DSC06427.JPG
    159.8 KB · Views: 85
  • DSC06428.jpg
    DSC06428.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 39
  • DSC06429.jpg
    DSC06429.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 51
Reported how, and where by who? South west bay seems a genuine call though.
There appears to be no mention on the usual channels. But, rest assured, bad back or not, I have a photo opportunity with that little bugger and if he's still around...

I think I saw one reported on Brian's site yesterday in the West Mids - near Stourbridge I think. Probably the same bird..

Binus

I know I risk incurring the wrath of people who know you better than I, but these additions, as interesting as they are, bring nothing to the Upton Warren 'party' and have absolutely no connection with Upton Warren at all.
Do you not think it better that you offer these photos and subsequent queries up to the Bird Identification Q&A section of the Forum?
http://www.birdforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=114.
I'm sorry for this post, but I've been harbouring these thoughts about your repeated posts for some time now.
Not normally a miserable bastard...

Simon

Binus

I know I risk incurring the wrath of people who know you better than I, but these additions, as interesting as they are, bring nothing to the Upton Warren 'party' and have absolutely no connection with Upton Warren at all.
Do you not think it better that you offer these photos and subsequent queries up to the Bird Identification Q&A section of the Forum?
I'm sorry for this post, but I've been harbouring these thoughts about your repeated posts for some time now.

Simon

Tell you what, Sy, you may or may not be a miserable B****** but when I clicked on that link and read Jane Turner's thread I nearly p***ed myself laughing. Very entertaining I must say. ;):-O

As for the connection with UW, Binus is a regular, including the work-parties - tenuous I know but good enough for me. No wrath intended - just my opinion.:t:

Last edited:
Binus

Simon

thanks for the imput, struck me it would have been easier to just say common gull! cheers tracy

Moors Pool
GWE appeared at about 8.10 am in bay to left of telegraph pole directly opposite east hide. After 10mins flew off to the NE. Appeared to possibly land on north moors, near the causeway, but no sign a few minutes later.

Alan H

23 Golden Plovers on flashes now.

Adult Great Black Backed Gull over.

2 Coal Tits and 7 Wigeon on moors

Edit. Now 24 Goldies.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back