• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Upton Warren (17 Viewers)

From the Moors Pool Dave J and Mike W report:

Little Egret, 2 Sand Martin, 6 Pochard, 6 Gadwall, 64 Tufted Duck, 4 Oystercatcher, 2 Snipe, 8 Redpoll, 6 Meadow Pipit, Cetti's Warbler, 3 singing Chiffchaff, 2 Skylarks flew north.

From the Moors Pool Dave J and Mike W report:

Little Egret, 2 Sand Martin, 6 Pochard, 6 Gadwall, 64 Tufted Duck, 4 Oystercatcher, 2 Snipe, 8 Redpoll, 6 Meadow Pipit, Cetti's Warbler, 3 singing Chiffchaff, 2 Skylarks flew north.

Adult Med Gull was there at least between 12.50 and1.20 before disappearing after being spooked by two Canada Geese.

On Wednesday the adult Med Gull was getting a lot of grief from the B H Gulls and having to move to "safe" areas. This was quite a contrast to the previous weeks when an adult Med Gull was strutting about pushing B H Gulls out of the way!

Des.

Today I received a call from a birder at the Moors car park. He had arrived to a blaring car radio . He approached the offending car and met a person he dexcribed as a dark skinned eastern European. He explained to him that he was on a nature reserve and turn his music down. He did so and also told him the reserve is private. The birder moved off to the East hide where another birder informed him that the same person had been seen picking wild flowers in the plantation next to the new hide.
A few years ago people of a similar description were caught by Steve at Lifestyles picking cuckoo pint for food. They were workers from the car wash next to the caravan centre. If you witness this behaviour could you please take car registration numbers if you feel uneasy talking to them.
Send me or the Trust any details .
John:t:

Last edited:
Today I received a call from a birder at the Moors car park. He had arrived to a blaring car radio . He approached the offending car and met a person he dexcribed as a dark skinned eastern European. He explained to him that he was on a nature reserve and turn his music down. He did so and also told him the reserve is private. The birder moved off to the East hide where another birder informed him that the same person had been seen picking wild flowers in the plantation next to the new hide.
A few years ago people of a similar description were caught by Steve at Lifestyles picking cuckoo pint for food. They were workers from the car wash next to the caravan centre. If you witness this behaviour could you please take car registration numbers if you feel uneasy talking to them.

As I was leaving the Moors today John I saw a dark Audi parked the wrong way, I thought it was a bit odd , but before I had a chance to do anything it pulled away and left. I never saw the occupants though, may have been completely innocent but seemed odd to me.

As I was leaving the Moors today John I saw a dark Audi parked the wrong way, I thought it was a bit odd , but before I had a chance to do anything it pulled away and left. I never saw the occupants though, may have been completely innocent but seemed odd to me.

Not crime of the century Gav.. But we all want an escape from the real world for a few hours;) john

From a flooded Flashes JTB reports:

Teal 12, Shelduck 4, Tufted Duck 12, Avocet 12, Curlew 4, Lapwing12, Snipe 1, Oystercatcher 2, Chiffchaff.

From a flooded Flashes JTB reports:

Teal 12, Shelduck 4, Tufted Duck 12, Avocet 12, Curlew 4, Lapwing12, Snipe 1, Oystercatcher 2, Chiffchaff.

After this Phil
Lapwing up to 15 with 2 sitting in meadow. LRP.

At MOORS
GCG. Little grebe 6. Shoveler 15. Teal 10. Gadwall 8. Pochard 7. Tufted 46.
Lapwing 2 (1 sitting). Oystercatcher 4. Snipe 2.
Kestrel
Sand Martin 2
Chiffchaff. Redpoll 6

I always thought Cuckoo Pint was poisonous - so perhaps activities of this kind are "self limiting":eat:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back