• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Very busy at the bird feeder today! (25 Viewers)

a pic of the goldcrest,not very good as the light is dull.

nice capture roger. :t: at least its a good one for your records . Incidentally what is the seed feeder the goldcrest is on called ? I have been looking to buy one of these for ages . Where did you get yours may I ask?;);)

My feeder is the same as Roger 1234 and I got mine from RSPB shop online. Not cheap but worth every penny. It is a Squirrel Buster.

nice capture roger. :t: at least its a good one for your records . Incidentally what is the seed feeder the goldcrest is on called ? I have been looking to buy one of these for ages . Where did you get yours may I ask?;);)

it's a squirrel buster earlybird,i got it from RSPB,where you can get it online or any RSPB site,as the name suggests it keeps the squirrels away:t:

I keep watching for something a bit different now the Treecreeper has gone but I would love a Goldcrest. I was told somewhere to go looking but I never got to go and look.

it's a squirrel buster earlybird,i got it from RSPB,where you can get it online or any RSPB site,as the name suggests it keeps the squirrels away:t:

YES! thats just what we need :t: Thanks Rogerand spinneygal I'll order one up. Our 2x squirls have eaten an entire tube of hearts this week !:C

Last edited:
Nice shots of the Goldcrest and Moorhen, Roger. Goldcrests are a brilliant bird to have visiting a garden and very difficult to get a shot of in focus as they move too darn fast!

Nice shots of the Goldcrest and Moorhen, Roger. Goldcrests are a brilliant bird to have visiting a garden and very difficult to get a shot of in focus as they move too darn fast!

you are quite right bongo,never new they moved that quick,they are very nimble!

The nestbox was in demand tonight. A Blue Tit was in the box, preening away, when a second one went in resulting in a minor scuffle betwen the two. Maybe I should get another box!

nice to see the robin is back,not seen it for a while,quite a lot of chaffinch ground feeding,goldfinch galore this early morning along with greenfinch,blue tit prying into the nest box as did the the great tit yesterday,you may need another box bongo,good luck with that.:t:

2011 Garden Species No. 42

Reed Bunting male

:eek!: gobsmacked....However looking back at last years dates I had a male visit late Feb!! well chuffed.

Today it sat in the feeder tree for a while, then moved to the bush with the Housesparrows but has now disapeared so sod the gardening I am on lookout

Got a few images so will upload shortly.... B :)

Mealy Redpoll, Siskins and Lesser Redpolls also..... 2 LTT late evening to sign off a great hour this afternoon

Attachments

• IMG_5010.jpg
    IMG_5010.jpg
    267.2 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
The nestbox was in demand tonight. A Blue Tit was in the box, preening away, when a second one went in resulting in a minor scuffle betwen the two. Maybe I should get another box!

brilliant ! What sort of height and location did you put it ?

Mrs EB went and bought 3x nest boxes today . One she described as a smart detached des res the other she thought looked more like your average doss-house :-O

can't wait to put them up. Are you using a webcam ?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back